PONDICHERRY STATE POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The awards under the scheme are made on the basis of the results of following examinations:
- S.S.L.C. / Matric or equivalent
- Higher Secondary / All India Senior Secondary Examination / Intermediate / Pre-Degree / Diploma or equivalent
II. ALLOCATION OF SCHOLARSHIPS
- Every year 90 fresh scholarship will be distributed among the various examinations of the School Leaving and First Degree stages on the basis of the number of candidates appeared in those examinations in the preceding year, provided that at least one award is made to each such examination, even if it is not entitled to the same on the above basis. However the number of awards to be given each year, will also depend on the funds available in the budget of each year.
III. COVERAGE AND ELIGIBILITY
- Only those candidates who are Indian Citizens belonging to the Union Territory of Pondicherry and who have passed the qualifying examination mentioned above in the first attempt and obtained at least 60% marks in aggregate in the qualifying examination will be eligible for consideration for the award of this Scholarship subject to the fulfillment of other conditions of the Scheme.
- The candidates who have passed the qualifying examination mentioned in Rule-I in a year prior to the year of the award of Scholarship will not be eligible for consideration.
- A candidate who is in full time employment will not be eligible for award of Scholarship.
IV. SELECTION AND ITS PROCEDURE
The eligible scholars will be selected strictly in order of merit starting from the top of the merit list of each examination.
- A Scholarship under this scheme has to be availed of from the year it is made.
- The Scholarship will be tenable only for the next course of study and not for any equivalent course.
VI. RATES OF SCHOLARSHIP
|HSC / Pre-degree / Intermediate||Day scholar||Rs. 60 p.m.|
VII. MEANS TEST
The payment of the scholarships under this scheme will be subject to the following provisions:
Only those students whose parents have an income of Rs.75,000/- or below per annum will be eligible for the Scholarship.
The income of Father, Mother and Scholar will be taken into account for the purpose of Means Test.
- An Income Affidavit for the year preceding the year of selection shall be submitted by the parents of each scholar on selection. The Scholarship once awarded will continue and it will be renewed from year to year till the completion of the particular stage for which the award has been made without calling for a fresh Income Affidavit each year. The renewal will depend on promotion to the next class with at least 50% marks in aggregate in the terminal/semester/trimester examination which determines the promotion to the next class.
VIII. DURATION OF THE SCHOLARSHIP AND ITS RENEWAL
- The Scholarship will be renewed for each successive year subject to what is stated above on the basis of an Annual Progress Report to be submitted by the Head of the Institution where the student is studying.
- It is essential that an attested copy of the marks sheet of the Annual Examination should be attached to the Annual progress Report.
IX. PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The awardees w ill get the Scholarship as long as he / she is on the rolls of an Institution subject to sub-paras above. If on account of prolonged illness or by other valid reasons the awardee's name is struck off the rolls, he / she will be entitled to the restoration of the Scholarship on re-admission and on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.