Education Department provides financial assistance in the form of Grant-In-Aid to recognized schools. 35 recognized private schools out of which 26 in Pondicherry and 8 in Karaikal region and 1 in Yanam region are benefited under the Grant-in-Aid Scheme. The schools are functioning under the control of respective Inspecting Officers as indicated below:
JOINT DIRECTOR (Secondary Education), Directorate Of School Education, Pondicherry
- Fatima Higher Secondary School, Karuvadikuppam.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary's Girls Hr. Sec. School, Pondicherry.
- Wiseman Higher Secondary School, Velrampet.
- Sri Hindocha Charitable Trust High School, Ariyur.
- Professor Annousamy Higher Secondary School, Bahour
- Poncos Higher Secondary School, Lingareddypalayam, Pondicherry
- St.Mathias Hr.Secondary School, Uppalam
- Immaculate Hr.Secondary School, Ariankuppam
DEPUTY DIRECTOR (Women Education)
- Jayarani High School, Pondicherry.
- Societe Progressite High School, Pondicherry.
- St. Ann's High School, Pondicherry.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary's High School, Nellithope.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary's Girls High School, Reddiyarpalayam.
- St. Antony's Girls High School, Pondicherry.
- St. Francis Assissi High School, Kurusukuppam.
- St. Louis De Gonzague High School, Pondicherry.
- St. Joseph High School, Muthialpet.
- St. Joseph High School, Oulgaret.
- Dakshina Bharat Hindi Prachar Sabha, Pondicherry.
- Sacred Heart High School, Pondicherry
- St. Dominic Savio Middle School, Thattanchavady.
DEPUTY INSPECTOR OF SCHOOLS - Zone-I (Under the control of Deputy Director (W.E.))
- St. Sebastian Primary School, T.V. Nagar.
CHIEF EDUCATIONAL OFFICER, Pondicherry.
- Deepa Oli High School, Thondamanatham.
- Immaculate Heart of Mary's Girls High School, Villianur.
- Our Lady of Lourdes Boys High School, Villianur.
DELEGATE TO DIRECTOR OF SCHOOL EDUCATION,YANAM
- Sarada Vidya Niketan Govt. Aided High School, Yanam
DEPUTY INSPECTOR OF SCHOOLS - Zone-III (Under the control of CEO, Pondicherry)
- Prof. Annousamy Primary School, Selliamedu
JOINT DIRECTOR (Secondary Education)
- St. Mary's Higher Secondary School, Karaikal.
- Nirmala Ranee Girls Higher Secondary School, Karaikal.
CHIEF EDUCATIONAL OFFICER, Karaikal
- Muslim Educational Society High School, Karaikal.
- Servite High School, Kottucherry, Karaikal.
- St. Theresa's High School, Kurumbagaram.
- St. Joseph English Primary School, Karaikal.
- Dakshina Bharat Hindhi Prachar Sabha, Karaikal.
- Karaikal Ammayar High School, Karaikal.
UNDER RULE 32 OF PONDICHERRY SCHOOL EDUCATION RULES 1996
- The recognized schools may be paid Grant-in-aid from the Consolidated Fund, subject to the Government Order and instructions issued from time to time.
- The Grant-in-aid shall be in the form of maintenance grant and contingent grant.
- The maintenance grant shall be of recurring kind and shall include itself the following kinds of grants, namely:-
- staff grant;
- pension, family pension and retirement benefit grant; and
- contingency grant.
- The application for receiving grant shall be in Form-X
FORM-X (RULE 32(4) OF P.S.E.R. 1996) UNDER RULE 57
Pension is paid as per rule 57 (1) of the PSER, 1996 to nearly 259 retired employees of aided schools. Apart from monthly Pension, gratuity and commutation of Pension are paid. The employees of aided schools were covered under GPF scheme as per Rule 57 of PSER.
AMOUNT OF GRANT (RULE 33 OF P.S.E.R. 1996)
The maintenance grant shall be given to aided schools at the rate Of ninety-five percent.(The balance of five percent is to be met by the management of the school).
APPROVED EXPENDITURE (RULE 34 OF P.S.E.R. 1996)
The expenditure for calculating recurring maintenance grant shall comprise of salaries of the staff appointed with the approval of the Director to the extent of the number of posts which have been sanctioned and approved by the Director for the purpose of aid.
CONDITIONS FOR GIVING AID (RULE 35 OF P.S.E.R. 1996)
- A school seeking grant-in-aid shall have a permanent income whether from endowments or other sources excluding fees and pupil's funds which when supplemented by grant-in-aid shall be adequate to discharge its obligations under the Act and to enable it to carry On its work efficiently.
- No school shall be granted aid unless its managing committee gives an undertaking in writing that --
- it shall comply with the provisions of the Act and these rules;
- it shall fill in the posts in the school with the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes and other reserved category candidates in accordance with the instructions issued by the Government from time to time and also maintain the roster and other connected returns in this behalf. Nothing in this provision shall apply to minority unaided school;
- it shall deposit its five per cent share towards pay and allowances, medical facilities, pension, gratuity, provident fund and other prescribed benefits with the Government on or before twentieth of every month;
- it shall disburse or cause to be disbursed the dues specified in clause (iii), within the first week of every month to the employees of the school;
- while filling up the posts in the school, it shall give first preference to such of the employees of other aided schools as have become surplus in pursuance of the provisions of rule 19;
- it shall comply with the directions given by the Director under the provisions of the act and these rules;
- it shall fill in such number of posts in the school as have been approved by the Director, in accordance with the directions issued by the Director in this regard without any discrimination or delay as per the recruitment rules prescribed for such posts;
- it shall ensure that the Head of School possesses the necessary papers of an employee who is due to retire from service after attaining the age of superannuation or otherwise, before 6 months or his retirement with a view to avoid any delay in sanctioning the pension, gratuity, provident fund to such employee or his / her family, as the case may be; and
- it shall attend to all the claims or the service matters of the employees of its school as and when they become due, promptly without any delay or discrimination, strictly in accordance with the recruitment rules or the instructions issued by the Government from time to time on the subject.
- The breach of any conditions specified in sub-rule (1)
and (2) shall render such school liable to be removed from grant-in-aid list.