OFFICE OF THE CHIEF EDUCATIONAL OFFICER, PUDUCHERRY
The Office of the Chief Educational Officer (Puducherry) is one of the biggest establishments that has under its control 22 Government High Schools, 19 Government Middle schools, 108 Government Primary schools and 85 Private Schools and 3 aided schools.
The Chief Educational Officer, Puducherry is the Head of Office of the establishment as well as the Inspecting Officer of the above schools.
Being the Head of Office and Inspecting officer of the above said schools, he deals with both the service matters related to the teaching / non-teaching staff and also all academic matters pertaining to the schools. As an Inspecting Officer, he conducts surprise and periodical visits / checks to both Government and Private schools. He is responsible for all educational activities in respect of all educational institutions under his control.
A) ESTABLISHMENT SECTION
- This section deals with all establishment / service matters in respect of all teaching and non-teaching staff working under the control of the Chief Educational Officer, Puducherry such as maintenance of service book, posting, probation, confirmation, promotion, senior scale, leave, pension,ACP,MACP etc.
- All disciplinary cases and Court cases.
- GPF, H.B.A., M.C.A. and other advances.
- Correspondence relating to Compassionate appointment.
B) ACCOUNTS SECTION
- This section deals with Preparation of all kinds of bills including Pay / Wages / TA / MR / LTC / GPF any arrear bills, etc. and maintenance of Pay Bill Registers pertaining to the staff of all teaching and non-teaching staff under the control of the Chief Educational Officer, Puducherry.
- Preparation of all contigent bills relating to purchase of newspaper, Telephone, Electricity bills, Water bills etc. scholarship bill and clearance of OBA
- The Chief Educational Officer, Puducherry is the Custodian for the conduct of the SSLC Public Examinations conducted by the Board of Examinations, Tamil Nadu thrice in a year
- The preparation of Nominal Roll for all the Government / Aided / Private Schools in Puducherry region for the SSLC Examinations.
- Conducting of Jawahar Navodaya Vidhyalaya Selection Test.
- Conducting of Tamil Nadu Government Technical Examination viz. Music, Drawing, Tailoring and Agriculture.
- Preparation and Distribution of Question Papers for Quarterly / Half-yearly / Annual Examinations in the Government schools for the students of VI to X std.
- Conducting of Sainik Board Examination.
- Proposals relating to the issue of Duplicate SSLC / Matric Mark sheets.
- Approval of Promotion Charts and Countersigning of Transfer Certificate.
- Proposals relating to the Teachers' Award for both Central and State Governments.
- Proposals relating to the age relaxation to the Govt.school students.
- Statistical Data Collection in respect of all Govt. Schools functioning under the control of this office
- Conduct of SSLC valuation camp.
D) STORES SECTION
- This section deals with receive/issue of free supply articles, purchase furniture and other items for Office and School use.
- Distribution of Free Supply Uniforms, text books, note books, library books, stationery articles and chappals.
- Renewal / fresh all private / private Govt. Aided (23 middle schools, 39 high schools and 3 Govt. Aided High Schools).
- Recognition of Private / Government aided Schools.
- Scholarship proposals.
- Budget ( Non Plan / Plan ).
- DISE forms formulation Aided / Private Schools.
- Land Acquisition, sanction and settlement.
- Building Programme construction and repair of class rooms.
- Internal and AG audit, Public Accounts Committee.
- Inspection of Government, Private and Private Aided Schools (Annual / Surprise)
- High Level Committee related to Building Programme
- Reply of Assembly Questions and Assumbly Assurences ( Action taken by the Department)
- Statistical forms and formulation (Government and Private)
- Private building lease deed / sanction / settlement
- Building facilities of Zone-III / IV / V (100 schools)
- Special Schemes/ Scholorships issued by the Central Government
- Shifting of Text books from Cuddalore and issuing to related Store Keepers of the O/o the CEO
- Issuing of uniforms from AFT by the respective Store keepers for std. VI to X of Government Middle / High / Aided
- Verification of monthly pay bills / service books of 3 Govt. Aided private schools
- Proposals relating to the age relaxation to the Private school students.
- Data Collection in respect of all Private Schools functioning under the control of this office.
- This section deals with Up gradation, opening of new schools, bifurcation of new sections / schools in respect of all Govt. Schools under the control of the Office of the Chief Educational Officer, Puducherry.
- Up gradation, opening, bifurcation of new sections / schools in respect of all Private and Aided schools under the control of the Office of the Chief Educational Officer, Puducherry.
- Administration of Endowment fund in the schools
- RTI matters
- Stock verification in Government schools under the control of CEO.
- Preparation of GPF sanction.
- Flag day collection / Students Medical Fund / Teachers Welfare Fund
- Matters relating to current consumption charges to all DIS, GMS, GHS.
REDRESSAL OF PUBLIC GRIEVANCES
- In respect of grievances at school level, the Headmaster concerned may be approached at the first instance.
- After exhausting such sources, the grievances may be represented further to the Inspecting Officer / Controlling Officer for its redressal.
- Further, the Director of School Education is final Appellate Authority for redressal of any Public grievances of any nature related to school education.
|Institutions||All Educational Institutions up to secondary level under the control of C.E.O., Puducherry|
|Officers from whom information can be obtained/to whom complaint is to be made at first||Headmaster/ Headmistress concerned and DIS in respect of Primary Schools.|
|Officers to be approached in the event of grievances not looked in to by the officer at col.2||Chief Educational Officer, Puducherry ‘A’ Block, IV Floor, P.K.C. Educational Complex, Anna Nagar, Puducherry - 605005 Phone 0413-2200255 (Ext. 280)|
|Officer with whom the ultimate redressal lies / Appellate Authority||Director of School Education|