OFFICE OF THE DELEGATE TO DSE, YANAM
Delegate to DSE, Yanam supervises and inspects both Govt. and Private Schools upto High School stage existing in Yanam region. The duties and functions are given below.
- Co-ordination and supervision of academic, financial, cultural and other activities of the Pre-Primary, Primary, High Schools, Central Kitchen, Sports Hostel and Jawahar Mini Bal Bhavan, Yanam in the region.
- Training programmes for teachers.
- Proposal for acquisition of lands and construction of school buildings.
- Financial matters and budget.
- Conduct of sports meet, exhibitions, seminars, admission tests.
- Supply of Midday meals, breakfast.
- Supply of Uniforms, dictionaries, books and stationery.
- Conduct of Science Exhibition, Participation of schools in Republic Day & Independence Day, holding of cultural programmes during the visit of VIPs, participation of schools in various competitions, Observance of important days, etc.,
- Inspection of Private Schools, Purchase and supply of teaching materials, books and stationery and free supply items to the schools. Release grants under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan Project to the Govt. Schools in Yanam.
- Regular meetings of the Heads of the schools are convened by the Delegate to DSE, Yanam conduct various functions/ exhibitions/seminars/ sports activities/ in service training/ admission including for JNV/ conduct of cultural programmes.
- Monthly returns are collected from the schools to assess the students and staff strength, facilities, etc., New education scheme like Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Electoral, Census activities and teachers are also co-ordinated by this Office.
- Permission for admission of students to High School classes on transfer from other Institutions.
- Orders for admission of students in High Schools after private study.
- Proposal for upgradation of Primary and Middle Schools both Govt. And Private.